Repeat Prescriptions Information
If you are on approved regular medication, your Doctor may arrange for you to receive a “repeat prescription” without needing to consult him or her every time you need a refill. If you are on a repeat prescription, please re-order it in good time and certainly within 48 hours to allow our Doctors to check your medication and sign the prescription. Please allow a little longer if you want your prescription delivered directly to the Pharmacy, and please remember to order your prescription well before you go on holiday and well before any Public Holidays, as we are particularly busy over holiday periods and have an immense number of prescriptions to generate.
The safest way to re-order your repeat prescription is by using the tear-off slip that is given with every repeat prescription. This ensures that the correct drug is requested and prescribed as many drugs sound very similar and are difficult to pronounce. You should tick against the name(s) of the medication (s) that you require on this slip. If your desired medication is not on this list, please write this at the bottom of your tear-off slip or on a re-order slip at Reception.
To order your repeat prescription you can:
- Post: You can post your prescription request to us (enclosing a stamped addressed envelope if you want us to post it back to you), or post it through our letter box if we are closed.
- In Person:
- Hand your request to a Receptionist
- Complete a reorder slip at the Reception desk
- Drop your request into the box on the desk in the Reception area.
Website: Please fill in the online form below. Please note that the request form is for medications only. The surgery will be unable to respond to any other messages or queries. This website is not encrypted, so if you are unhappy about requesting your repeat in this way, please request your prescription via the alternative choices.
- For the Practice to receive your request successfully, you must complete all of the specified fields on the request form. After clicking "submit" you will be see this page again. However you must check the "Repeat Prescription Form" tab again to see if there have been any errors in your request. If your request is successful there will be a message on that tab. You will also receive a confirmation email for your own records. If you do not receive this e-mail, you should resubmit the request form.
Please let us know if you want to collect your prescription from the surgery or from a local Pharmacy. If you wish to change the option to collect from the surgery, or a Pharmacy, please inform Reception staff via the online form or in person. Thank you for your co-operation with this matter.
It is Practice policy that repeat prescription requests are not taken over the telephone unless application is in writing to the Practice Manager, and has been approved.
Please note that medications that you request that are not on your repeat list may be declined by your GP at their discretion. You should contact the Surgery 48 hours after submitting your special request to determine if it has been issued.
The Surgery is unable to take in any unused medications, and they should be returned to your local Pharmacy and not the Practice.